Thursday 30 March 2017

30th March 2017 Unst SE1 Overcast

A nice calm morning but a quick look at Skaw and Lamba Ness produced just 2 Water Rails, 10 Blackbirds, 5 Redwings and 3 Snow Buntings all being lingerers from yesterday. A similar story at Norwick although there were now 3 Goldecrests present. I returned home to find I'd missed a Great Tit on our feeders - something I've not seen on Shetland! I somehow resisted the temptation not to go to work and spend the day looking for it! My route home virtually takes me past Clingera so I made my first visit of the year and was pleased to find a Chiffchaff there. Even better, on stopping to scan a flock of Skylarks in a field adjacent to the road they were accompanied by a Lapland Bunting.

Great Tit at Millfield

Chiffchaff at Clingera






 Lapland Bunting near Clingera

Robbie photographing the Lapland Bunting