Saturday 28 December 2019

28th December 2019 Prestwick Carr, Northumberland

A brief stop on our journey north from Sussex to Aberdeen produced views of the lingering fist-winter Eastern Yellow Wagtail at Prestwick Carr in Northumberland that has been favouring a partially-flooded field just a few miles from the A1(M).

Eastern Yellow Wagtail at Prestwick Carr (David Britton)
It remained rather distant in its chosen partially-flooded horse field, and with the weather being rather breezy, it seemed content not to fly so unfortunately I never heard it call (Dave Pullan has uploaded a sound-recording here). Not having a telescope with me I was grateful that there were other birders on site who kindly let me use theirs. With no camera with me either, hopefully Dave Britton won't mind me using one of his images.