Saturday 21 May 2022

21st May 2022 Unst SW4 Overcast

An overnight return to westerlies didn't really inspire confidence but after Fair Isle's memorable day yesterday (and Out Skerries scoring again too) I made my way to Skaw hoping that something might just have filtered through in our direction. Such hopes were largely dashed on arrival as Roger & Sue were just leaving reporting no migrants present - it seemed the Chiffchaff was back singing to itself again! Four hours later I'd managed to see just 2 Common Whitethroats! Still, there's always a silver-lining, I was spending the remainder of the day off-island covering a friend's marine Diver survey and it didn't feel like I'd be missing too much. I timed my return home well this evening as one of the Marsh Harriers currently touring the island was flying over East Hill just behind our house.

Marsh Harrier at Millfield