Sunday 10 November 2019

10th November 2019 Unst NE2 Clear

A beautiful blue skies day with hardly a breath of wind. I walked a circuit around Norwick seeing 2 Purple Sandpipers, the Knot and 5 Redwings. At Baltasound I saw a Little Grebe that had been found by Robbie on the voe off Buness House and a Siberian Chiffchaff at the School. At Burrafirth there were 2 Glaucous Gulls on the beach. At Haroldswick I saw a Fieldfare, a Redwing, 5 Snow Buntings and the Lapland Bunting that was still flying around. As I arrived home there was a flock of 5 Waxwings in our garden that all too soon flew off towards Norwick.

Knot at Norwick

Purple Sandpiper at Norwick


Siberian Chiffchaff at Baltasound School

Little Grebe off Buness
only the second Little Grebe that I've seen on Unst


Juvenile Glaucous Gull at Burrafirth

Second-winter Glaucous Gull at Burrafirth