Tuesday 14 May 2019

14th May 2019 Unst SW4 Cloudy

With a brisk southwesterly I decided there were unlikely to be many migrants in evidence so I spent the first 3 hours surveying an area of moorland seeing a Swallow and a Tree Pipit in the process. I then took a look at Skaw where on my arrival I was pleased to find a Wood Warbler and there was also a Willow Warbler and 2 Chiffchaffs present. A walk around Norwick was more as I'd anticipated seeing just a Sparrowhawk, 2 Swallows, a Robin, 2 Blackcaps, 5 Chiffchaffs, a Willow Warbler and 4 Bramblings. A quick look at Haroldswick added a Woodcock, a Willow Warbler, 3 Tree Sparrows and a singing Reed Bunting. A trip to the shop enabled me to have a look at Clingera where I was pleasantly surprised to find another Wood Warbler. On arriving home there was a flock of 10 Tree Sparrows on our feeders.

Arctic Skua

Whimbrel



Wood Warbler at Skaw
the first Wood Warblers that I've seen in Spring on Shetland

Woodcock at Haroldswick

Wood Warbler at Clingera