Monday 12 June 2023

12th June 2023 Unst SE1 Haar clearing

I spent my birthday guiding four visitors from Melbourne, Australia with the highlight being finding a Marsh Warbler at the Shore Station although it proved skulking and silent. Mark Finn then found an interesting Warbler at NorthDale so we made a visit to see if we could refind it. Fortunately it was still in the same area and in the few brief glimpses it afforded it did look unusual by virtue of missing all of its tertials on its left wing but it soon started singing leaving no doubt as to its identity - another Marsh Warbler. Chris had found another Marsh Warbler at Uyeasound early this morning so there were at least 3 present on Unst today.


Marsh Warbler at NorthDale
I managed a minute's recording of the song but I'll upload that another time as I've another early start in the morning...